- People with disabilities have a buying power of over $50 billion in Canada and $1 trillion globally.
- 6.2 million Canadians identify as having a disability. Together with their friends and families, people with disabilities, represent the third-largest market segment in North America.
- There are 2.6 million people in Ontario with a disability – that’s 24% of Ontario’s population.
- Making your website accessible improves it’s search ranking and overall user experience.
- An accessible website allows your information to be accessed by people of all abilities including those who are blind, have vision loss, have mobility impairments, and those with cognitive and learning challenges.
Statistics from: Accessibility Is Good for Business – Government of Ontario